We are halfway through our Christmas Countdown and so far it has been g.r.e.a.t! We've had fun, seen lots of smiles, answered {or at least tried to} some great questions and have done what we could to spread Christmas cheer to those around us. Here's a peek into what our Christmas Countdown has looked like thus far...
{Deck the Halls}
{Send Cards to Soldiers}
{Watch a Veggietales Christmas movie}
L chose The Star of Christmas
{Color a Christmas Picture and Send it to Someone of your Choice}
L chose Cousin K and was super excited to put it in the mailbox!!
{Open One Present Early}
This was an addition to my list as we received a surprise box in the mail containing (yet another) countdown. This one includes candy, money, stickers and other small treats and the kids are loving it! It doesn't exactly teach generosity or gratitude but we did have the opportunity to make and send a thank you!
{Family Game Night}
I printed this game which I originally saw here, added some hershey kisses and mini marshmallows for game pieces and called everyone to the table to play. I gotta say, it was fun...really fun! Although, once we stopped using candy to play the kids lost interest pretty quickly...
{Make Salt Dough Ornaments}
This was another fun one (more so for L and I then the boys) which I hope to include in some gifts!
{Call 3 People and Tell Them You Love Them}
L's choices: Cousins K, A3 and A1
{Make a Christmas Treat}
I had envisioned this being Christmas Tree Brownies or Christmas Tree Cupcakes but I had all the ingredients for Rice Krispie Bars so we made Rice Kripie Christmas Trees instead!
{Put Money in the Salvation Army Bucket}
Read more about this one here.
{Make a List of 10 Things You are Thankful For}
We did this one collectively which turned out to work well since I Man just copied whatever L said anyway. Maybe next year we'll each make our own list?
{Decorate Gingerbread Houses}
Read more about this one here.
{Have a Pizza Picnic in Front of the Christmas Tree}
Both kids loved this one and have already asked me to do it again!
Both kids loved this one and have already asked me to do it again!
1 comment:
Such a great mom!!
Post a Comment